Monday, September 05, 2011

Back to School

 

Summer’s over and the kids go back to school. Thank god.. because I think the boredom was really starting to get to them! Rebekah starts college this year, Meghan grade 7 and Emma grade 5.

Pretty crazy…

Back to school also means… lunches… I really hate prepacked, overpriced and over processed items and so today we’re busy making some snacks. On the menu for school is some toffee brownies and some smores granola bars. Also making some peanut butter oatmeal cookies for an afterschool snack since they can’t have pb at school.

 

healthy peanut butter oatmeal coconut cookies

These turned out great . I found these Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal cookies at Daily Unadventures in Cooking blog.

Toffee Brownies

These Chocolate Toffee Brownies were in my American Heart Association Healthy Family Meals cookbook- I definitely recommend it.

IMG_1154

SMORES Granola Bars! What is not to love about this? Find this recipe at Sweet Peas Kitchen blog.

 

I also made a delicious Zucchini Spice Bread

I think the kids are set for food this week Smile Desserts anyways…

No comments: